1b.app
Link copied -

mount an additional volume

Answers:

Mariana wrote:
you need to connect an additional server, we have it as a separate volume

Good afternoon.
Not really, it's clear what it means, what kind of work you want to produce and what is the end goal.
If your ultimate goal is to increase the disk space on the server and you want the disk space of the additional volume you bought to be added to the main partition, then this cannot be done.
As I understand it, you are using a Hetzner cloud server, tariff CX31.
I recommend that you simply estimate your server's CPX31 tariff, for an additional 4€ per month you get
160 GB of disk space (now you have 80) and 4 vCPU threads (now you have 2).
You can do the work on changing the server tariff yourself in your personal account Hetzner menu item "Rescale"
You can simply delete the additional volume.
27.05.2021, 10:56
Original comment available on version: ru

Sergey, you wrote earlier that you can mount a volume. Or did I misunderstand?

The fact that you advise choosing a new tariff - will it be a new server and will you need to transfer the box to this new server? Or is it now possible without a transfer somehow?
28.05.2021, 00:36

Mariana wrote:
The fact that you advise choosing a new tariff - will it be a new server and will you need to transfer the box to this new server? Or is it now possible without a transfer somehow?

Good afternoon.
You don't need to transfer anything.
You are in LC Hetzner, open the server you need,
- select the "Rescale" menu item,
- Uncheck "CPU and RAM only"
- choose the server tariff you need
- turn off the server, move the slider to "Power off"
- the "Rescale" button, at the bottom, becomes active.
You press it, wait, and after a while you have a server with your data, but at a new rate.

Mariana wrote:
Sergey, you wrote earlier that you can mount a volume. Or did I misunderstand?

You misunderstood.
You can read about how the file system is organized in OS Linux on the Internet.
28.05.2021, 10:42

Oh cool! I didn't know it was possible! Thank you, everything worked according to your instructions!
28.05.2021, 12:00

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment