1b.app
Link copied -

High server load

I choose between CRM ONEBOX and completely my own development of a similar platform. Obviously, from the point of view of saving money and time for development, the choice falls in the direction of ONEBOX, but what structural peak loads can the entire system withstand so that no errors are guaranteed in principle, given that the servers will be with a margin + duplication in several data centers, including in several jurisdictions.
For example, is it possible now to “hang” an infrastructure that is approximately 10 times smaller than that of Amazon on ONEBOX (document flow, sales accounting, purchases, logistics, etc.) can a php-based system withstand such volumes of data? Or not, and what to pay attention to (I am not a professional in this topic, while I am researching on my own, before attracting "developers")
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Paul
Client wrote:
I choose between CRM ONEBOX and completely my own development of a similar platform. Obviously, from the point of view of saving money and time for development, the choice falls in the direction of ONEBOX, but what structural peak loads can the entire system withstand so that no errors are guaranteed in principle, given that the servers will be with a margin + duplication in several data centers, including in several jurisdictions.
For example, is it possible now to “hang” an infrastructure that is approximately 10 times smaller than that of Amazon on ONEBOX (document flow, sales accounting, purchases, logistics, etc.) can a php-based system withstand such volumes of data? Or not, and what to pay attention to (I am not a professional in this topic, while I am researching on my own, before attracting "developers")

1. It will take you about 3-5 years to create at least a similar system on OneBox. And during this time, the current OneBox will take a step forward for the same period. Therefore, in my understanding, my own development, which in terms of money will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, is clearly not the best option.
2. Comparison with Amazon - you indicated a bad option for comparison, at least because Amazon is not an accounting system in principle, and there is a maximum of 2% from CRM
3. In terms of load, the current OneBox is capable of holding up to 5 million products, up to 200 million contacts, up to 100 million processes (orders, tasks, etc.), up to 100 million documents - with the correct system setup and server configuration.
09.12.2020, 14:51
Original comment available on version: ru

5 million products - excellent, 200 million contacts - excellent, 100 million documents and 100 million processes - relatively unclear indicators, what will happen if this figure is exceeded? are there algorithms so that this does not cause a collapse, please answer in essence, it is clear that now it is only a discussion, but the question is precisely in the right choice, so that when the processes are already running, so as not to redo it on the go, what could be predicted at the system design stage , by system I mean a set of tools, and I regard ONEBOX as one of the "backend" systems, the main task is to avoid duplicate functions. About Amazon, see more, Amazon is an online hypermarket that has its own accounting system.
09.12.2020, 14:57
Original comment available on version: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment