1b.app
Link copied -

Brand descriptions in two languages

Hello! It is necessary to display the "Description" field in the brand cards for descriptions in Ukrainian. Now there is one field "Description": https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/brands/63/
Is this field possible? https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/productfield/112/
Well, or another field specifically for brands and specify the identifier. Thank you.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Additional product fields cannot be displayed in brand editing.
10.03.2021, 15:13
Original comment available on version: ru

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Administrator wrote:
Additional product fields cannot be displayed in brand editing.

Good afternoon. This option was taken into account, so I wrote that any other field (additional for brands) is quite suitable for descriptions in Ukrainian. Make a field, display it in a card, give an identifier ..
10.03.2021, 16:15

Good afternoon. This option was taken into account, so I wrote that any other field (additional for brands) is quite suitable for descriptions in Ukrainian. Make a field, display it in a card, give an identifier ..

To fill in data in different languages, there is a multilingual functionality.
In order to evaluate the refinement of additional fields for brands, you need to understand how you want to use it to the fullest.
10.03.2021, 16:37

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Administrator wrote:
In order to evaluate the refinement of additional fields for brands, you need to understand how you want to use it to the fullest.

We need two description fields in Brands: one for transferring text in Russian to the Russian version of the site (it exists), the second - for the Ukrainian version of the site. Just another text field, a duplicate of an existing one with a different id.
10.03.2021, 16:46

one for transferring text in Russian to the Russian version of the site (it is), the second - for the Ukrainian version of the site.

Are we talking about some third-party site and automating the transfer of goods?
10.03.2021, 17:05

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Are we talking about some third-party site and automating the transfer of goods?

We are talking about our online store, which is under development and testing. It will be bilingual.
Here, the goods in the card have 2 fields for transferring descriptions: description (standard) - Russian, opisaniyaopisi112 (optional) - Ukrainian.
The same is needed for Brands, 2 fields.
10.03.2021, 17:16

How do you plan to export data to your online store?
11.03.2021, 14:39

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Administrator wrote:
How do you plan to export data to your online store?

parser that pulls all the fields in the database
11.03.2021, 15:59

parser that pulls all the fields in the database

Connect the "Multi-language" module, set up the required fields that should be in several languages - and fill in the brand by switching the language in the system control panel. Several columns with a description will be filled in the database (for example, description and descriptionua)
11.03.2021, 16:19

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Administrator wrote:
Connect the "Multi-language" module, set up the required fields that should be in several languages - and fill in the brand by switching the language in the system control panel. Several columns with a description will be filled in the database (for example, description and descriptionua)

Tell me, please, if we have already filled in all the necessary fields for products in two languages (you can look through the card for an example: https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/34545/edit/), then the installation Multilingualism only for filling in brand descriptions will not affect anything? Will all previously filled fields remain the same? More than 61,000 products have already been created..
11.03.2021, 17:42

Tell me, please, if we have already filled in all the necessary fields for products in two languages (you can look through the card for an example: https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/34545/edit/), then the installation Multilingualism only for filling in brand descriptions will not affect anything? Will all previously filled fields remain the same? More than 61,000 products have already been created..

If you do not set up product fields for multilingualism, then in theory nothing will happen to them.
11.03.2021, 17:53

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Administrator wrote:
If you do not set up product fields for multilingualism, then in theory nothing will happen to them.

Not configured: https://prnt.sc/10izqbf
There, by default, for some reason, the checkboxes were in all blocks, except for a number of the lowest ones.
But product descriptions in Russian have disappeared: https://prnt.sc/10izp6n
11.03.2021, 19:12

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Administrator wrote:

Not only product descriptions were affected..
In general, all the names and descriptions of technologies have also disappeared: https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/list-table/mode/?searchLine=&...
The names of the Heroes also flew off: https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/list-table/mode/?searchLine=&...
How to deal with it?
12.03.2021, 18:07

As I understand it, during the installation of Multilingualism, the checkboxes should be inactive by default, so as not to harm the fields already filled in earlier. Why were they included? Why are the fields just reset if they were filled in?
Is it possible to roll back to yesterday so that everything is restored as it was?
12.03.2021, 18:47

Junger Irina wrote:
Is it possible to roll back to yesterday so that everything is restored as it was?

Backup seems to be on 11.03
Do you have a problem with all products or what?
16.03.2021, 17:59

As far as I can see, there are only 285 products without a name in the system out of more than 61 thousand
If the problem was with the inclusion of the module, it would crash all products (but we do nothing with the base title column)
16.03.2021, 18:05

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich wrote:
As far as I can see, there are only 285 products without a name in the system out of more than 61 thousand
If the problem was with the inclusion of the module, it would crash all products (but we do nothing with the base title column)

There is a difference between the "Name" and "Name" fields.
For those products that were left without names, the "Name" was filled in - it flew off.
Also, the "Description" field was cleared for all products (as I understand it, the description identifier) - all 61k+ have no descriptions.
This option does not suit us at all.
On 11.03, the backup will be fine if it was made before 19:00.
The Multilanguage setting should be canceled and everything will return to its place.
16.03.2021, 19:00

Junger Irina wrote:
There is a difference between the "Name" and "Name" fields.
For those products that were left without names, the "Name" was filled in - it flew off.

I'm talking about the name field - it is filled in almost all products.

Junger Irina wrote:
Also, the "Description" field was cleared for all products (as I understand it, the description identifier) - all 61k+ have no descriptions.
This option does not suit us at all.

This could not happen purely technically. Multilanguage does not reset the base fields in any way. Perhaps you are checking in the wrong language?

Junger Irina wrote:
On 11.03, the backup will be fine if it was made before 19:00.
The Multilanguage setting should be canceled and everything will return to its place.

Backups are made at night.
So I can suggest, for example, for 10.03, pour the problematic column into the product table. But from the above - I'm not sure that this will give any result.
17.03.2021, 15:29

This could not happen purely technically. Multilanguage does not reset the base fields in any way. Perhaps you are checking in the wrong language?

You can enter the card of any product and see that the Russian description is empty, while the Ukrainian one remains in place:
Product: https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/34545/edit/
Product: https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/71950/edit/
Choose any. This happened after installing Multilanguage.
The language is "Russian":
In general, by the way, there is no way to switch it.
17.03.2021, 16:53

In the name field, everything is in order, it is not touched.
In these products, the name is missing (Name is not the name field) and also the description in Russian:
And so in the whole category "Technology".
Product: https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/11342/edit/
17.03.2021, 16:58

Although strange. The field is valid for all products is used one - name.
And it was cleared only for products of the "Technologies" and "Heroes" categories:
https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/list-table/mode/?searchLine=&...
https://crm.kidzaza.com.ua/admin/shop/products/list-table/mode/?searchLine=&...

Backups are made at night.
So I can suggest, for example, for 10.03, pour the problematic column into the product table. But from the above - I'm not sure that this will give any result.

Problem columns - Name and Description:
They cleared on 03/11/2021 between 19:00 and 20:00 approximately, at least the description needs to be restored.
17.03.2021, 17:10

Junger Irina wrote:
You can enter the card of any product and see that the Russian description is empty, while the Ukrainian one remains in place:

This module does not touch the base columns - and therefore cannot reset them.

Junger Irina wrote:
In the name field, everything is in order, it is not touched.
In these products, the name is missing (Name is not the name field) and also the description in Russian:
Although strange. The field is valid for all products is used one - name.
And it was cleared only for products of the "Technologies" and "Heroes" categories:

Maybe you have some kind of multilingual import configured, which rubbed you the fields for some products?
For if the multilingual module did this, it would mow down all products - but I repeat, it does not touch the base columns name and description

Junger Irina wrote:
Problem columns - Name and Description:
They cleared on 03/11/2021 between 19:00 and 20:00 approximately, at least the description needs to be restored.

we can, of course, get the backup and check it, but let's first check if you have any imports, that it will "overwrite"
18.03.2021, 09:59

This module does not touch the base columns - and therefore cannot reset them.

But somehow it happened, it was after the installation of Multilingualism.

Maybe you have some kind of multilingual import configured, which rubbed you the fields for some products?
For if the multilingual module did this, it would mow down all products - but I repeat, it does not touch the base columns name and description

We don't have anything set up. Once again, before installing the Multilanguage module, everything was fine.

we can, of course, get the backup and check it, but let's first check if you have any imports, that it will "overwrite"

For almost two years everything was fine. Recently, no one has adjusted anything, no changes have been made.
It all happened exactly on 03/11/2021, when the "Install" button was pressed on the "Multi-language" module in the boxing store.
18.03.2021, 10:31

Please restore the description field to 10.03.
Don't touch anything else. We enter the names of the desired product manually again.
The "Multi-language" module has been removed.
18.03.2021, 10:35

Junger Irina wrote:
Please restore the description field to 10.03.
Don't touch anything else. We enter the names of the desired product manually again.

Ok, how do we do it - unsubscribe
18.03.2021, 10:41

We extracted a backup of the product table for March 10 02:46 - there the description field is filled in the same way for only 12 products.
So I'm already more than sure that the connection of multilingualism has nothing to do with it. At least not explicitly.
Are you sure you don't have any imports that would "overwrite" the descriptions, if any were filled in?
18.03.2021, 10:56

We extracted a backup of the product table for March 10 02:46 - there the description field is filled in the same way for only 12 products.
So I'm already more than sure that the connection of multilingualism has nothing to do with it. At least not explicitly.
Are you sure you don't have any imports that would "overwrite" the descriptions, if any were filled in?

No :(
You can check for yourself..
We discussed the module on 03/11/2021, on the same day it was installed and the descriptions disappeared. I don't understand how it happened.
For all products where the opisaniyaopisi112 (Description) field is filled in, the description field in Russian was filled in the same way. What does the field opisaniyaopisi112 show in the backup for 10.03?
18.03.2021, 11:38

Junger Irina wrote:
No :(
You can check for yourself..
We discussed the module on 03/11/2021, on the same day it was installed and the descriptions disappeared. I don't understand how it happened.
For all products where the opisaniyaopisi112 (Description) field is filled in, the description field in Russian was filled in the same way.

The description field corresponds to the backup as of 03/10/2021 02:46 AM . I cannot take data from nowhere - they were not there initially, judging by the backup.

What does the field opisaniyaopisi112 show in the backup for 10.03?

Additional fields do not participate in any way in the multilingual module. They are always in option 1.
18.03.2021, 11:42

Although stop, I see in the backup columns nameru and descriptionru for 10.03 - and the data is filled there
It turns out you have included the module even earlier?
18.03.2021, 11:45

What do you want me to do now?
I can offer to transfer the nameru and descriptionru columns from the backup to the similar base name and description fields, if it is not filled
Or connect multilanguage first ua, after ru - and for the product I will fill in the columns in the same way in nameru and descriptionru
PS: I can assume that you already had multilingualism enabled earlier, and there were separate speakers for RU. Then you reconnected it, specifying the opposite languages - and the ru columns were dropped, creating ua instead. Well, after that you generally removed all the columns - they were removed by additional ones.
18.03.2021, 11:51

Although stop, I see in the backup columns nameru and descriptionru for 10.03 - and the data is filled there
It turns out you have included the module even earlier?

No. Only after discussing with you, after this message:
We waited until the end of the working day and tried to connect. Somewhere between 19 and 20:00.
Can we copy descriptionru into description, for example?
18.03.2021, 11:53

What do you want me to do now?
I can offer to transfer the nameru and descriptionru columns from the backup to the similar base name and description fields, if it is not filled

Let's just describeru in description.
We have already restored the names manually today.
18.03.2021, 11:55

Junger Irina wrote:
No. Only after discussing with you, after this message:

maybe it was enabled by the configuration before the update, not the point

Junger Irina wrote:
Can we copy descriptionru into description, for example?

we can do it this way, or otherwise, as I suggested

Or connect multilanguage first ua, after ru - and for the product I will fill in the columns in the same way in nameru and descriptionru
18.03.2021, 11:56

PS: I can assume that you already had multilingualism enabled earlier, and there were separate speakers for RU. Then you reconnected it, specifying the opposite languages - and the ru columns were dropped, creating ua instead. Well, after that you generally removed all the columns - they were removed by additional ones.

I can only assume that one of the past integrators tried to do this. We were not informed :(
18.03.2021, 11:57

we can do it this way, or otherwise, as I suggested

Junger Irina wrote:

Let's do that for now.
18.03.2021, 12:00

Junger Irina wrote:

Poured
18.03.2021, 12:01

Poured

Thanks a lot. We randomly checked several products - descriptions appeared.
18.03.2021, 12:34

Maxim, back to the beginning of the topic. Without the Multilingual module, you can’t put extra in Brands. field for descriptions in Ukrainian? Any field of type "Text (html)", in general.
18.03.2021, 12:42

It will take about 15 hours to finalize the basic additional fields for brands (for example, like categories) - it will take about 15 hours. This will be the ability to add additional fields for brands + edit them in the brand edit + add/edit in the brand REST API.
All other improvements (for example, the ability to upload data on brands in some form) - specify exactly what action and what you need.
18.03.2021, 12:56

It will take about 15 hours to finalize the basic additional fields for brands (for example, like categories) - it will take about 15 hours. This will be the ability to add additional fields for brands + edit them in the brand edit + add/edit in the brand REST API.
All other improvements (for example, the ability to upload data on brands in some form) - specify exactly what action and what you need.

Yes, nothing more is needed. One extra. "Text (html)" field in Brands, that's it!
So that it can be pulled by the field ID by the parser ..
18.03.2021, 13:17

The custom field is purely for your project - we will not add it.
The option of finalizing the full functionality of additional fields - I appreciated it higher.
18.03.2021, 13:28

The custom field is purely for your project - we will not add it.
The option of finalizing the full functionality of additional fields - I appreciated it higher.

Thank you helped out :)
18.03.2021, 13:31

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment