1b.app
Link copied -

The problem of working with multilingualism, content

Box https://chekhol.com.ua/ and https://chekhol.1b.app/
Problem
On the MVP, when editing products/categories and other data while actively working with several tabs in the admin panel or on the website of an online store, chaotic switching of the system language and problems with content may occur (Ukrainian is written in the Russian version and vice versa and then on the showcase in the ru version of the Ukrainian name and vice versa).
Description of actions
I open several tabs in Russian, work sequentially with each of them. In the first tab, I change to Russian, save, switch to Ukrainian, save, close the tab. Tab 2 remains in Russian. language. If you make any changes (product name, etc.), and click "save", all data from this tab is saved in Ukrainian (but Russian values). Even if you select multilingualism - ru before saving and making changes, the page reloads and opens in Ukrainian. This is part of the problem, you can adapt to it.
But the second part is worse - when you go to the showcase with all this, there is a real confusion in the languages. The showcase is in Russian, the admin panel is in Ukrainian, everything comes off in the end in what language. Saved later on another.
In general, it greatly slows down the work with content and goods. Is it possible to refine the check, if the changes are saved on the page on which the py fields are displayed, then this data is not saved in the Ukrainian version. That is, if when editing a product in the admin panel, I see the "name" fields in front of me, and not "name", etc., so that when making changes, some kind of check of the fields that I fill in the admin panel takes place, and not overwritten values in a different language version, even if the language was changed somewhere on some tab?
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Customize the multilingual fields in the product editing interface. Remove the standard name and description fields and insert multilingual fields. But don't switch languages constantly
24.02.2023, 18:10
Original comment available on version: ua

Савчук Дмитрий
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you
As a solution to some problems only. Not all fields have multilingual options. For example, filters. The biggest problem is with them.
26.02.2023, 09:11
Original comment available on version: ru

Савчук Дмитрий
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you
This is the essence, that the main problem is that there are no filters in the multilingual fields, so you have to switch, check. When editing, languages are switched and filters are confused (in Ukrainian - Rus, in Russian - Ukrainian). Is it possible to modify and display the multilingual filters block immediately on the page? Well, or, in any case, make it so that the language in which you fill in the data is checked (I mean, the language of the fields, not the values of the fields: for example, if you enter data in the "Name" field, then they are saved in the ru option, and if in the "name" field, then in ya, also with filters, etc.)?
27.02.2023, 11:29
Original comment available on version: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment