1b.app
Link copied -

Digit separators

My client has a global problem with reports and their further processing in Excel. He copies the numbers from our report, pastes it into Excel, and cannot work with them, because the separators of the numbers are different and the system understands the values \u200b\u200bin different ways (1 million is perceived as 1). Is it possible to somehow solve the issue globally so as not to edit its reports in OneBox or each of its reports in Excel?
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

I'll try to tell you how it should have been done "correctly".
In the settings of any operating system there is a section "Regional settings".
This applies to all operating systems.
It indicates the language, the format in which to display the date (YYYY-MM-DD, DD/MM/YYYY, ...), the format in which to indicate the time (12/24), the format of which currency to display and how exactly (the $ sign in front, $ sign after), how to format dates (spaces between thousands, floating point is a dot or comma, how to show negative numbers - in brackets or with a minus).
There are about such a bunch of settings as in the screenshots.
When you write software for an OS (desktop-software), then in a correct way you need to ask for regional settings when starting the program or call regular methods of the operating system like show_monetary_value (xxx). And in this case, the operating system itself will format the data and show them on the screen according to the settings.
This ensures that all programs on the operating system have the same data formatting and one language. COPY-PASTE works correctly between all programs, and so on.
---
But! Here comes the era of cloud software that works through the browser.
And the trouble is sadness, only one browser allows the regional settings of the operating system - this is Firefox. All the rest are hammered into it to the fullest.
(Although everyone transmits the language).
With the language, the following picture is obtained: I know that the user has English set in the operating system, but I can’t use it - because everyone will start complaining “I want the operating system to be in English, but I want to read the site in Russian, why do I redirect to English version, huh?
And with the regional parameters, the problem has become much larger: I can’t recognize them and I have to show the formatting at my discretion. You understand that if you have OneBox that shows data in one way, you have desktop Excel that has formatting for operating system settings, and there is Google Drive that generally has settings for US regional settings, then COPY-PASTE between them will not work normally will be.
Even if we fix it in OneBox, there will still be a discrepancy with your operating system in Google Drive.
---
In fact, the only option is to solve it at least somehow, this is to attach "your own" regional parameters inside OneBox so that you can configure everything as you like.
Only here in OneBox there are about 5000-6000 screens (pages), and you need to view each one and format the output of each line. Someday we will do it, but for now there are more important tasks.
18.12.2020, 10:16
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

Forgot to attach files.
18.12.2020, 10:17
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment