1b.app
Link copied -

OS - Not all mail arrives in the system

We are faced with the fact that not all letters arrive in the system. It is very important for us that EVERY letter reaches us. What could be the problem? This is not acceptable, we only need to work in Onebox. We switched to rent only in order to have a stable operation of the system.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Does this happen all the time? Or is there some kind of relationship (perhaps automatic filtering between folders in the mailbox)?
06.08.2021, 10:14
Original comment available on version: ru

It seems to be happening on a regular basis.
06.08.2021, 10:23

The screenshots you specified are not events that are added to the system - but a search inside the mailbox using the imap protocol. Here already as returned protocol.
If you just open the mailbox - are the letters there all pulled out of it?
06.08.2021, 15:44

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:
The screenshots you specified are not events that are added to the system - but a search inside the mailbox using the imap protocol. Here already as returned protocol.
If you just open the mailbox - are the letters there all pulled out of it?

Do you mean mailbox letters in OneBox?
Letters do not arrive in OneBox and events are not created accordingly, and based on this, the creation of processes does not work.
06.08.2021, 15:52

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
Letters do not arrive in OneBox and events are not created accordingly, and based on this, the creation of processes does not work.

ok, let me check on the example of some letter (the most recent, preferably for today), which is not in onebox - can you specify an example of it directly from the mailer? I will manually start parsing for the required date and check if there is an event or why it is not added
06.08.2021, 15:55

As far as I can see today, there are no parsing errors, all events seem to be there. We need the latest example of what is not
06.08.2021, 15:58

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:
As far as I can see today, there are no parsing errors, all events seem to be there. We need the latest example of what is not

Yes, not today. We can’t track when there are gaps (it happens that counterparties call after some time and ask why we don’t answer or something like that), because we try to work only in Onebox and rely on it. But apparently you can't rely on Boxing. In truth, it's a shame that such system errors are even possible!
06.08.2021, 17:34

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
Yes, not today. We can’t track when there are gaps (it happens that counterparties call after some time and ask why we don’t answer or something like that)

If there are, let me know right away. For at the moment I do not see a problem with event parsing - although I do not deny that certain situations may arise that could not be foreseen simply by not knowing them.

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
because we try to work only in Onebox and rely on it. But apparently you can't rely on Boxing.

Well, with the same ease there are life sayings that "you cannot rely on anyone in this life except yourself", and this is not always the case.
It seems to me that the whole problem is in the perception and attitude towards the possibility of error. I think that the possibility of correcting it is more important - in which we are loyal.

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
In truth, it's a shame that such system errors are even possible!

OneBox is an ever-evolving huge automation tool. I don't think that there are many analogs on the market that can provide not only a similar amount of functionality, but also such loyalty to customers regarding their "wants". Yes, and in this appeal, I did not see the presence of an error with the parsing of events into the system.
In order for the systems to be error-free - either you need to hire more versatile testers (let's be objective that techies and clients test differently - and it's still not always possible to foresee all user behavior options), which will affect the prices of rental / improvements / execution time, etc. .d. - which few people will be satisfied with from customers. Either the system should not be developed at all - which is also not possible due to the versatility of the clients' business.
I don't think you've ever seen a perfect system without bugs. After all, if you saw it, you would use it. Yes, and an analogy about the presence of errors can be drawn with absolutely anything.
09.08.2021, 16:03

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:
If there are, let me know right away.

OK
10.08.2021, 09:38

This error occurs intermittently. And during this, no letters come. Today at 7:14 I received an important letter from the supplier in the mail, which I had been waiting for a month, but of course it did not arrive in Box on time due to an error.
What is it and why is this happening? How can this be avoided in the future? How to make the connection of mail and Box as stable as possible? Maybe because of these errors - the letters about which I talked about in this topic did not come either?
27.08.2021, 07:32

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
What is it and why is this happening? How can this be avoided in the future? How to make the connection of mail and Box as stable as possible? Maybe because of these errors - the letters about which I talked about in this topic did not come either?

I assume that this error occurs periodically when OneBox cannot connect to the mailbox (which is what is written in the error).
Are there any restrictions on the mail server regarding the frequency of connections to it?
27.08.2021, 09:16

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:

Kornev Mikhail wrote:

I assume that this error occurs periodically when OneBox cannot connect to the mailbox (which is what is written in the error).
Are there any restrictions on the mail server regarding the frequency of connections to it?

reviewed the mail, did not find such settings there. we have gmail
27.08.2021, 09:23

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
reviewed the mail, did not find such settings there. we have gmail

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071518?hl=en#zippy=%2C%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D0... %81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%8F%2C%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8B
gmail has limitations - maybe if you repeat the error, you should do as it is written:

If a user is unable to sign in to an account, an administrator can access the Users section of the Google Admin Console and check which limits have been exceeded and when access will be restored. In some cases, the administrator can unblock access to Gmail.

perhaps this way we will more clearly find out what the problem is and why the connection is lost - due to frequent connections or for an external reason
27.08.2021, 09:31

Literally within an hour, the letter did not reach the system again.
Screen from the mail and from the box.
What to do?
03.09.2021, 19:54

Perhaps there are problems with the connection to the mail.
Added a forced restart of the mail parsing cron an hour after the last run.
PS: but no one has canceled the above point on Gmail restrictions on connections - it may be present
06.09.2021, 13:03

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production
Administrator wrote:
Perhaps there are problems with the connection to the mail.
Added a forced restart of the mail parsing cron an hour after the last run.
PS: but no one has canceled the above point on Gmail restrictions on connections - it may be present

unfortunately, I can’t find similar settings by restrictions ((I shoveled the admin panel, but did not find anything suitable for the settings
06.09.2021, 13:26

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment