1b.app
Link copied -

Prohibit adding a specific Supplier to a specific product

Good afternoon. Tell me if there is such functionality - you need to prohibit the installation of a certain supplier for certain products.
The problem is that when loading a supplier's price list, one supplier's product code matches the other, and both suppliers are assigned to the product, although one of them is not correct. Maybe you can somehow block the addition of a specific supplier to a specific product? Or perhaps there is another way to solve this issue?
I will add right away that there is no possibility to change the product code
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Суханіцький Андрій OneBox CORP
OneBox Corp - Інтегратор
Personal license
How do you upload prices? If this is the functionality of loading the price list, then there may be a code for each supplier, even if it is the same, it will not connect.
But if you are looking not by the supplier code, but by another field, and you have duplicates there, this is not normal.
Solution options are:
1) make the code unique
2) search in another field
blocking the addition of a specific supplier to a specific product is such a decision, how to search for such products is not at all clear, but doing it manually is almost useless
07.06.2022, 14:07
Original comment available on version: ru

Good afternoon. Andrew is right, this solution is not scalable at all. Tomorrow the supplier will have 100k products, but you won’t go through them and forbid adding products to the supplier. If now you don’t have a solution on how to separate the products, I can suggest in the RFP when importing products from some supplier, instead of its code, put XXX + code, where XXX is any word that you enter when loading the price list so that its code becomes unique. After that, you manually link the supplier's products with the necessary products in the system and they will be updated regardless of the codes of other suppliers. Also, in theory, you can do the same yourself by combining several columns in xls into one, for example, or automatically adding something to the code before importing the price list. Excel allows you to automate such things, as far as I know, you just need to edit the file a bit before uploading price lists
10.06.2022, 13:06

Суханіцький Андрій OneBox CORP
OneBox Corp - Інтегратор
Personal license

anonymous hamster
OneBox production wrote:
After that, you manually link the supplier's products with the necessary products in the system and they will be updated regardless of the codes of other suppliers.

So the supplier code may be the same for different suppliers, but in this case, most likely, we are talking about an external ID and you can solve it by simply changing the search settings.
10.06.2022, 13:14

2 suppliers, they have codes 1111. I suggest that you leave everything as it is to load the first one, to load the second one add to the XXX code so that XXX-1111 comes out - this is how you programmatically replace the supplier code with a unique one. This is if no other solutions have been found of course. I do not argue with the fact that you can find something that is not repetitive and look for products in a different way.
10.06.2022, 13:16

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment